Air Electric, Lohrville, Iowa

Moving a windmill part with help from other windmillers.

Air Electric, Lohrville, Iowa

Postby windmill farm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

We buy and sell 4' and 8' yard mills at The Windmill Farm. We get them from Air Electric Machine Co in Lohrville, Iowa. They charge a high dollar to ship so since we are close to them in York maybe someone could pick them up and bring them to York. it wood be 5 large boxes and 4 smaller boxes.

Buy you dinner. Or mileage.

Interested? Let us know - 254-835-4168.

Chuck and Ruby
windmill farm

Re: Air Electric, Lohrville, Iowa

Postby dan herrig » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Chuck,

Did you know that Air Electric produced a wind generator in the 30's or 40's? The AWPC in Lubbuck has one that will one day be restored.
dan herrig

Postby Roger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Chuck--Can you give me an appx size of the boxes? I may be able to help you out. Send me an email at earlywindmiller@yahoo.com if you want.
Thanks
Rog F
Roger

Postby KeDorland » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 pm

I have one of their Yard mills and a miniture handpump too. They are of topnotch quality. I've been to the plant in the last 6 months and was treated very well. Obviously they deal to walk in customers, and I had called ahead and everything was sitting there waiting on me. One of the true American pioneer stories in the founding of the company. They are having a difficult time competing with the cheap Walmart windmill crap they're dumping on the market and could use some more of the market share.

Don't want to drag ROGER'S name in to this, however, ROGER is just down the road from Air-Electric a few miles, and maybe ROGER could gather some up.

Kevin D.
KeDorland

Postby Roger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Kevin--Chuck and I are making a deal !!!!!!!!!!! I think he is going to pay me somewhere around $500.00 per box for delivery or something like that !!!! You are right not to far from me and for a fellow windmiller, I will be more than glad to help out. Also maybe I could get a bit of a tour. Maybe even become a dealer !!!!!!
Thanks Kevin
Rog

PS when are you going to happen through Early again ??????
Roger

Postby IvanBlock » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Dan I bought an Air Electric a couple of weeks ago and it has Jewell, Iowa on the tailvane. Same company I assume. Do you have a picture of the one at Lubbuck?
IvanBlock

Postby dan herrig » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Ivan,

The attached pictures are of the Air Electric parts we took to Lubbock. Tomorrow I'll scan the info I have on them and post that.

Do you have any pictures of yours?

Dan
Attachments
Air Electric.pdf
(559.65 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
dan herrig

Postby KeDorland » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Roger wrote:Kevin--Chuck and I are making a deal !!!!!!!!!!! I think he is going to pay me somewhere around $500.00 per box for delivery or something like that !!!! You are right not to far from me and for a fellow windmiller, I will be more than glad to help out. Also maybe I could get a bit of a tour. Maybe even become a dealer !!!!!!
Thanks Kevin
Rog

PS when are you going to happen through Early again ??????

Unsure when I'll be in that area again...just made the Ok. trip and it seems I'm headed to Calif. soon. I could make the trip to Lorolville if need be but someone may need to pick up the items here In southern Ia.

Kevin D.
KeDorland

Postby dan herrig » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:42 am

Here is the info I have. Kind of interesting that this information was obtained by Stan Anderson while he was working at Aermotor in the 1970's, maybe they were exploring the production of another Electric Aermotor during the energy crisis of the 70's? Or maybe Stan was just curious, I'll have to try and ask him about it at the trade fair this year.
Attachments
Air Electric Info.pdf
(531.4 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
dan herrig

Postby Roger » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Just had a nice phone visit with Ruby and Chuck. The Air Electric mills will be picked up in Lohrville and transported to York. Windmillers helping one another again !!!!!
Thanks
Rog F.
Roger

Next

Return to Pass The Part