Aermotor Pump Pole Guides...

Post your wanted items here.

Aermotor Pump Pole Guides...

Postby Todd » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:47 pm

I need a couple of sets of pump pole guides for 27' Aermotor towers. From the parts manual, the part numbers are T-3281 & T3282. If anyone has a couple sets of these let me know.. I need 2 of each size to finish 2 towers with wood pump poles. Thanks, Todd....
Todd - PM me for e-mail...
Todd

Re: Aermotor Pump Pole Guides...

Postby windybob » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 am

Todd, go to the hardware store, and buy a couple of chrome 3" rings, like you find on a dogrun. Tie 4 pieces of #9 wire to them about 3' long. Slide them up the pole, and tie the wires to the tower legs where needed. Not bad looking, smooth sliding, and inexpensive.
"Windmillers like it up on top"

EMAIL

windybob53 at yahoo.com

CIMARRON WINDMILLS
No job too small. Some jobs too big.
windybob

Postby Bryon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Just run your stand pipe up taller and use the same #9 wire as turnbuckles from the stand pipe to the tower legs. Twist them in the middle to center up the stand pipe. That is what we always do.

10' WindEngine on 33' Tower - Bosler 20a.JPG
10' WindEngine on 33' Tower - Bosler 20a.JPG (53.83 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Bryon

Postby windybob » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 am

Bryon, not only that, but the higher the standpipe, the farther you can run the water uphill to the outlet.

EMAIL

windybob53 at yahoo.com

CIMARRON WINDMILLS
windybob

Postby Quixote Kid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:19 am

I think Todd was asking for the pump pole guides to go on the wood 2X2's that are used as a pump pole to keep it from unscrewing at a joint or in the cylinder.

What do y'all use at the top of your pipe stand where the sucker rod goes in? Anythign to keep it centered?
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Quixote Kid
Site Admin

Postby windybob » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 am

I used to install a 1 1/4 inch X 1/2 bell reducer, and buy brass reducers 1/2 X 3/8, then drill out the 3/8 side with a 1/2 inch drill. That way the 7/16 jetrod will slide through it. Makes for a nice finishing touch, but the tower and mill need to be centered over the well right. A lot of towers are not so centered.

EMAIL

windybob53 at yahoo.com

CIMARRON WINDMILLS
windybob

Postby Bryon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:58 pm

We just use the wire to make turnbuckles and adjust until the stand pipe in moved to a point where the rod is centered in the pipe.

I will try and get a better photo of it one day.
Bryon

Postby Ken O'Brock » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:17 pm

I have the pump pole guides like Aermotor used to supply with their towers. Our towers come complete with them. Go to this link and scroll down to the bottom to see them and the prices.
http://web.mac.com/kenobrock/iWeb/Site/ ... parts.html

If you have an Aermotor tower that has the oblong holes punched in the corner posts, these will hook right into them. These clamp to the pump pole and hook onto the tower to form a triangle and rock up and down with the pump pole keeping it straight and preventing bending on the down stroke.

Pump pole guides 1 .jpg
Pump pole guides 1 .jpg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

Pump pole guides 2.jpg
Pump pole guides 2.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
www.obrockwindmills.com
Ken O'Brock

Postby Todd » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Sorry for the delay guys, it's been crazy busy around here.. Thanks for all the input everybody.. I was planning to use the style like Ken posted, and probably will try to keep the original look of the Aermotor towers. I do have a question as to why the other methods were suggested..? Do the original style not work as they should? Or, are they always lost when you need them..? :lol: Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.. Todd
Todd - PM me for e-mail...
Todd

Postby antoine » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Not having the benefit of the clever minds on this Forum available to me when I was puttting up the 21' tower for my A702, I bolted a split, treated 2x4 across the first girt with a square hole in the centre to accept the pump pole. I lined the pump pole with sheet aluminum [flashing material] for about 12" to generously accomodate the 8" long stroke of the mill and greased it liberally. Worked great and silently and I felt good about it until I told Dave Straub what I was doing. I wont tell you what he said but it was not complimentary. I then got the Aermotor originals but I found them a tad noisy. I still use the 2x4 but keep the originals handy in case Dave ever comes to visit me on the Island.
I asked in a earlier post whether I should have a guide at the top girt as well but never got an answer.Any opinions much appreciated.
Best regards from Canada, Tony
antoine

Next

Return to Wanted